The First Service pack for windows 7 and windows server was last published in 2011. Microsoft took almost 6 years to come up with over 230 new updates. But, if you want to install service pack 2 then your pc need to install service pack 1 first. Which is require longer time. But in the April of 2016, Microsoft published the 2nd service pack which is eventually called ‘service pack 2’ by people.
But we can’t call this service ‘Service Pack 2’. Because Service Pack 2 required Service Pack 1 installed and it brings some new features. That’s why Microsoft named it “convenience rollup”. You can download it offline also that’s why it takes less time in their installation process. That’s why it received a warm welcome from the users.
This “convenience rollup” isn’t available through windows update channel. You have to download it from the Microsoft catalog website. Before that, you need to install one update and this can be done on the clean, freshly installed, Windows 7 SP1 or Server 2008 R2 SP1 computer.
Please follow the steps to get windows 7 service pack 2 and download the 64-bit offline installer:
Before you install SP2( service pack 2) you have to update the stuck updates of SP1( service pack 1).
To do it, download the previous update KB3020369 for 64 bit. You can download it from the below link,
After downloading it you have to install it
It takes a couple of minutes to finish.
After that you can install Service Pack 2 by following 10 steps with images:
- Visit Microsoft Catalog Website To Download this update
2. After a few seconds, you will see all the three updates
3. Select the required update by click on Add button.
4. Then click on the “download” button to continue
5. Then download will start
6. After the download open the file
7. Then run the file to start the installation process.
8. After some minutes your installation will be complete.
9. Please restart your pc to finish the job.
10. After the PC Reboot, you can check updates and we recommend you to update it if any updates available.